Sinusitis Treatments To Help You Breathe Better
Sinus infections are common ENT disorders. Coming on after a cold or chronically, due to structural problems or repeat infections, bouts with sinusitis may become debilitating. At the Munster, Crown Point, and Olympia Fields IN offices of otolaryngologist, Dr. Arthur Katz, patients find substantial relief through sinus treatment plans. Feel better and get back into life! Talk to your Sinusitis Munster IN specialist today.
That awful sinusitis
US News and World Report say that 37 million Americans struggle with a single bout, or repeated episodes, of sinusitis annually. Nasal passages and the air-filled cavities inside the skull become irritated and inflamed due to colds, flu, allergies, bacteria, or structural abnormalities.
Symptoms of Sinusitis in Munster IN patients include:
- Headaches, especially behind the eyes, forehead, and back teeth
- Loss of taste and smell
- Congestion and post-nasal drip
- Copious mucus production (green, yellow, thick and lasting upwards of 10 days)
- Bad breath
- Impacted social and occupational function due to fatigue (according to Harvard Health)
Symptoms may escalate after the flu or a cold and simply seem to hang on and on.
Diagnosis and sinusitis Munster IN treatments
If you experience lingering sinus symptoms or several occurrences of sinusitis during the cold and flu season, contact Dr. Arthur Katz in his office. He'll ask you about your symptoms and anything which may worsen or alleviate them. He may examine your sinuses with X-ray imaging and/or a thin, lighted scope.
With results in hand, Dr. Katz may advise any or a combination of interventions to get you some relief:
- Nasal irrigation with a Neti pot
- Warm compresses to the face
- Steam treatments from the shower or hot water in a bowl
- Sleeping with the head of the bed elevated
- Saline, steroidal, or antihistamine sinus sprays
- Mucinex, or other oral nasal thinner
- Allergy testing to pinpoint triggers in the environment
- Removal of nasal polyps
- Repair of a deviated septum (the partition inside your nose)
- Balloon sinuplasty to compressed tissue overgrowth and inflammation
- Adequate hydration (keep your water bottle handy)
- Blowing your nose gently, one nostril only at a time
- Reduction of risk factors such as smoking
Come see us
Please don't suffer. Receive expert sinusitis Munster IN treatments from Dr. Arthur Katz, your experienced ENT physician. Call us for an appointment at one of our three convenient offices. In Munster IN, phone (219) 934-9396. In Crown Point, call (219) 769-8441, and in Olympia Fields, reach our office at (708) 747-6900.